17m Telehandler (JCB 540-170)
The 17m Telehandler by JCB – 540-170 d is a full-sized 4-stage telescopic handler with a huge reach. It uses our award-winning new EcoMAX engine and sits on a chassis that’s designed for load-bearing and stability.
The 540-170’s all-new EcoMAX engine meets Stage IIIB/Tier 4i legislation without using a bulky DPF, which, in turn, brings benefits like great visibility, low running costs and more uptime. To increase productivity still further, there’s a variable-speed cooling fan on 81kW and 93 kW engines.
For quick, easy and safe access, the JCB 540-170 has a three-point access. Backlit switches are clearly visible, even at night or in low visibility.
- Brand new Stage IIIB/Tier 4i EcoMAX engine
- High power and torque at low revs
- Up to 10% fuel saving over outgoing model
- New instruments, hi-res TFT screen and backlit switches
- Seat safety switch disables forward/reverse when operator isn’t seated
- New telematics and immobiliser security features including remote management
- For extra safety, a reverse alarm is standard-fit too.
- Petrol supplied on a Sale or Return basis
- Product Code052/0300
- Maximum Engine Power81kW
- Maximum Lift Capacity4000kg
- Maximum Lift Height16.7m
More about Smiths Hire
Opening a business credit account with Smiths Hire couldn't be easier. Simply click here and fill in our digital application form.
Eco-friendly equivalent Tools
We specialise in:
Electric, Bi-Fuel & Battery Operated