Information About Us
Our site is designed, developed and operated by Smiths Equipment Hire Ltd (“we”, “us” and “our”). We are a limited company in England under the company number 992884 and our registered office (and trading address) is; De Havilland House, 15 & 16 The Pavilions, Avroe Crescent, Blackpool FY4 2DP. Our VAT number is 151 778156.
Information About You and Your Visits to our Site
Accessing Our Site
Access to our Site is permitted on a temporary basis, and we reserve the right to withdraw or amend the service we provide on our Site without notice. We will not be liable to you if for any reason our Site is unavailable at any time or for any period.
On occasion, we may restrict access to some parts of our Site, or our entire Site.
We make no warranties, representations or undertakings about:
- any and all content of our Site (including, without limitation, any as to the quality, accuracy, completeness or fitness for any particular purpose of such content);
- the availability of our Site and its content whether provided by us, third parties or you;
- or any content of any other website referred to or accessed by hypertext link through this our Site (“3rd party site”).
Our Site may link to, or show, information from 3rd party sites e.g. “HM Revenue & Customs” and “IPAF”. We do not endorse or approve the content and information from any 3rd party site, nor will we have any liability in connection with any of them (including, but not limited to, liability arising out of any allegation that the content of any 3rd party site infringes any law or the rights of any person or entity).
Submitting Content via Our Site
If you submit content to our Site (including without limitation any text & documents), you grant Us a licence to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, create derivative works from, distribute and display in public that content in any form and media on or in connection with the Site, at no cost to us and for as long as we require and you warrant that you own or have rights to the intellectual property in such content and have the right to grant this licence. You waive any moral rights in your contribution. You will indemnify us and keep us indemnified from and against all costs, claims, damages and expenses made against or incurred by us as a result of a third party alleging that the use of such content by us infringes the intellectual property rights of a third party.
When submitting content, you agree not to do any of the following:
- defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate or infringe the rights of any person or entity (including, but not limited to, rights of intellectual property, confidentiality, or rights of privacy);
- upload or transmit any material which is unlawful, indecent, defamatory, hateful or racially, ethnically or otherwise offensive or objectionable, politically sensitive or of an obscene or menacing character, or that may cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety;
- upload or transmit files that contain software or other material protected by intellectual property laws unless you own or control the rights thereto or have received and can prove all necessary consents;
- upload or transmit any materials that infringe any patent, trademark, copyright or other proprietary rights of any third party;
- upload or transmit material that you do not have a right to make available under any law or contractual or fiduciary relationship (such as confidential information);
- upload or transmit any computer viruses, macro viruses, Trojan horses, worms, corrupted files or anything else designed to interfere with, interrupt or disrupt the normal operating procedures of a computer or other electronic device;
- use the system of uploading or transmitting content (or any part thereof) in a way that may cause the system (or the servers or networks connected to the system) to be interrupted, damaged, rendered less efficient or such that the effectiveness or functionality of the system is in any way impaired;
- where you are not the author of any material you are uploading or transmitting, delete any author attributions, legal notices or proprietary designations within the material.
Violation of these Submission terms will result in immediate action which will result in (but not limited to);
- deletion of content and refusal of future services hosted on the Site;
- criminal prosecution should content violate points 2, 6 & 7 stated above.
Intellectual Property Rights
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our Site, and in the material published on it – where such material is not used under the GNU General Public License
The content of these pages is protected by copyright © Smiths Equipment Hire Ltd 2012. You may download and print extracts from our Site and you can provide extracts to others – but you must not sell our content or republish it except as permitted below.
You are welcome to link to any of our pages, but do not do so in a way that is likely to give your users the mistaken impression that our content is yours or that our Site endorses or is affiliated with yours. Framing of our Site or any part of it is not permitted without our express permission.
Substantial copying of these pages in any form is strictly prohibited. For example, you must seek our permission if you want to reproduce a press release, product information or any other material from our Site on your intranet or blog; but you are free to quote a single paragraph of text from a page of our Site without asking as long as you acknowledge the source (a clearly-visible link to smithshire.com is sufficient attribution). Also, if you plan to copy short extracts from many of our pages, please seek our permission before doing so.
For the avoidance of doubt, caching of this Site is permitted by a service provider acting in the normal course of its business as provided for in the Electronic Commerce (EC Directive) Regulations 2002.
You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded from our Site in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text. Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of material on our Site must always be acknowledged. You must not modify any notices or marks relating to ownership rights.
Illustrations, photographs, videos and audio not bearing a physical or audiological representation of Smiths Equipment Hire Ltd (or our logo) are available for free distribution. Those materials that are directly related to Smiths Equipment Hire Ltd cannot be redistributed, altered or recreated in any form without our express permission.
You must not use any part of the materials on our Site for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors. This includes, but is not limited to, the use of the Smiths Equipment Hire logo and Site structure images.
Reliance on Information
We endeavour to make sure that all information on the Site is complete, accurate and helpful at all times. However, we cannot (and will not) warrant the accuracy of such information, and as such cannot be held liable for any use of or reliance on that you may make.
You may use our Site only for lawful purposes. You may not use our Site:
In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation;
In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect;
For the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way;
To send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with our content standards;
To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam).
Viruses, Hacking and Other Offences
You must not misuse our Site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to, interfere with, damage or disrupt our Site, the server on which our Site is stored or any server, equipment or network, any software used by our Site, computer or database connected to our Site. You must not attack our Site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack.
By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our Site will cease immediately.
We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our Site or to your downloading of any material posted on it, or on any website linked to it.
To the extent permitted by law, we, hereby expressly exclude all conditions, warranties and other terms which might otherwise be implied by statute, common law or the law of equity.
This does not affect our liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence, nor our liability for fraudulent misrepresentation or misrepresentation as to a fundamental matter, nor any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
Jurisdiction and applicable law
If you have any questions about our Site or concerns about material which appears on our Site, please contact email@example.com
Reliance on Information
All product image and specification are for representative purpose only and do not necessarily reflect the model available.
All equipment is subject to availability. All vibration ratings are for guidance only.