As well as our fast and reliable tool hire and powered access equipment hire services, we also provide both professional carpet cleaner hire, and upright carpet cleaner hire services that you can use to get your carpets and rugs looking as good as new in no time!
So, if you’re not familiar with how a professional or upright carpet cleaner can help give your carpets a new lease of life, we’ve put together a small guide to help you utilise both of these tools in the most efficient way possible. Let’s get started!
Upright carpet cleaner
We can supply you with an outstanding Bissell BG10 walk-behind cleaner here at Smiths Hire. This powerful and robust carpet cleaner makes short work of any carpet cleaning jobs, for a fraction of the cost of replacing your carpets!
What’s more, the Bissell BG10 is really easy to operate. Here’s a quick guide to using it:
- Vacuum area with a dry vacuum cleaner thoroughly before deep cleaning.
- Remove the dirty water tank from the Bissell.
- Unscrew the cap on top of the clean water tank, then fill the tank to the FILL line with hot tap water.
- Fill with Bissell detergent to the required line.
- Screw the cap back on tank and place the dirty water tank back on top.
- Plug in and turn on.
- Press the trigger, make one slow forward wet pass and another back. The machine will do the work!
- Release the trigger and make a slow forward and backward pass over the same area to remove the water. Repeat this process until the solution coming off the carpet appears clean.
- When the water gets too dirty, remove the dirty water tank and empty into the sink. Then repeat steps 3-5 and you’re good to go again.
It really is that easy! However, if you want a full, in-depth breakdown on how to use our Bissell BG10 walk behind cleaner, it’s worth taking a quick look at the operating instructions.
Professional carpet cleaner
At Smiths Hire, we can also offer you a top-of-the-range Karcher Puzzi 10/1 industrial carpet cleaner, to help you tackle those extra tough carpet cleaning jobs. This professional carpet cleaner is both efficient and simple to use. A professional clean doesn’t require a professional operator – thanks to the proven spray-extraction method deployed by the Karcher, no dirt is left behind on your carpet.
So, here’s how to use it:
- First, remove the waste water tank and pour detergent solution into the fresh water reservoir. The fill level must not exceed the “MAX” mark.
- Plug into the mains and press the suction switch, then and the spray switch, to activate the machine.
- Squeeze the trigger on the handle to spray the cleaning solution as you push the nozzle along the carpet, then release it and pull the nozzle back over the same spot slowly to suck up the solution.
- When you’re finished, switch off the spray and suction switches and empty the dirty water into the sink.
For a complete guide to using the Karcher Puzzi 10/1 industrial carpet cleaner, we’d recommend taking a look at the operating instructions.
Both of our carpet cleaners are available to rent at a great price for a period of time that suits you. So if you find yourself in need of a reliable and effective way of freshening up an old carpet, you can count on us at Smiths Hire to provide it.
We’ve been providing quality equipment and tool hire services to the DIY and trade sectors for more than 50 years, operating from 16 tool hire depots across the North West & Yorkshire, including several in major hubs like Manchester, Liverpool and Leeds.