If you would like to be a part of our successful business, we have an exciting opportunity just for you as we are currently looking for a Trade Counter Sales Assistant with a particular set of skills for our Formby depot.
This position is a hands-on, varied position, where no two days will be the same. It requires someone who has a keen eye for detail, who is highly organised, and who has previous experience in the following responsibilities:
- Ability to maximise sales by providing high levels of customer service in all areas including answering phones promptly, handling queries, processing orders efficiently and accurately.
- Experience in counter (retail) sales, providing a quick and accurate response to customer’s needs.
- Confident in processing the delivery and collection of orders in accordance with the customer’s requirements.
- Liaising, where required, with other depot employees, customers, workshops and sales teams.
- Ensuring that all products hired to customers are safe and have been properly tested in accordance with company procedures.
- Competent is utilising basic IT systems and completing paperwork relating to equipment on-hires, off-hires and stock transfers, etc.
- Developing and maintaining knowledge of the depots equipment for hire/sale including basic knowledge of accessory, safety and test & run requirements.
- Keep the Depot Manager informed of any repairs and maintenance of equipment required.
Industry experience would be advantageous for this role, but we’re happy to consider people without, if they have great customer service skills and positive attitude towards their work.
The successful applicant will display a positive, can-do attitude you’ll need to be able to multi task as the Hire Counter can get busy, you’ll need to think on your feet.
Being self-sufficient as well as a great team player is key for this role as everyone has a role to play and contributes to the success of the depot.
We aim to unlock your potential and equip you with all the skills required to move to the next stage in your career with us. This all starts with your induction where you get to know us and our business and continues with relevant training and development.
This is a permanent full time position covering:
- Monday to Friday: 08:00am – 17:00pm.
- Saturday: 08:00am to 12:00pm on a rotational basis.
- Salary: £23,000 to £26,000 depending on sales experience.
- A maximum of 33 days holidays Including Bank Holidays*.
- Weekly pay.
- FREE tool hire for all employees – Excluding consumables and delivery.
- Life insurance.
- Pension scheme.
- Uniform provided.
- Discounted personal legal services.
- Bike to work scheme.
* Holiday entitlement includes additional holidays after 2, 3 and 5 years’ service.
If you have the skills and experience required for this position and you are looking for your next long term career opportunity, we would like to hear from you!
Please complete the form on the next page to apply for the position of Trade Counter Sales Assistant.