As a Small Tools Fitter your responsibilities will be;
- Repairing, servicing and maintaining equipment in the workshop.
- Cleaning, checking and testing equipment to required standards.
- Ordering of spares stock as required.
- Checking equipment before and after delivery.
- Notifying manager of damaged, dirty or misused equipment.
As a Small Tools Fitter you will have;
- Proven track record with petrol and electrical machinery.
- Well organised, precise, methodical and have the ability to manage repair stock.
- Manual handling awareness.
- Good organisational manner.
- Have an understanding of safe loading.
- A tidy approach and pride in work is essential.
- Customer facing skills.
- Basic computer skills required.
- Full, Clean Driving license.
- Monday to Friday: 08:00am – 17:00pm.
- Saturday: 08:00am to 12:00pm on a rotational basis.
Training – we are a forward thinking organisation and will provide training and development.
Please note: As you can appreciate we are currently overwhelmed with applications of individuals looking for work and we can therefore only contact those applications that have relevant skills. Smiths Equipment Hire is an equal opportunities employer and complies with all relevant UK legislation. If you are successful in your application, you will be required to attend an interview which will involve you providing a current passport, current driving licence, a proof of address and completing a full competency based interview.
Please complete the form below to apply for the position of Small Tools Fitter – Preston.