As a Sales Hire Desk Controller you must have:
- A higher than average communication and sales skills.
- Strong organisational skills to effectively manage hire contracts, be able to identify problems, assess and resolve them.
- Good literacy, numeracy and computer skills.
- Exceptional level of customer service in all areas. You should have a confident, professional and outgoing manner to be able to deal with customers at all levels.
- Confidence in your ability and have a passion for selling.
- A full clean driving license.
- Telephone based sales and customer facing service experience.
- An excellent telephone manner and the ability to build rapport with customers.
- Strong administration skills and be computer literate.
- Manual handling awareness.
The Sales Hire Desk Controller responsibilities are;
- Maximise sales by providing high levels of customer service in all areas including answering phones promptly, handling queries and orders efficiently and accurately.
- A Sales Hire Desk Controller serves on the depot counter providing a quick and accurate response to customer’s needs.
- Taking of orders, processing and following them through to completion.
- Arranging delivery and collection of orders in according with the customer’s requirements.
- Liaising, where required, with other depot employees, customers, depots, workshops and sales teams.
- Ensuring that all opportunities to maximise the depot and the groups sales to a customer are attained.
- Ensuring that all products hired to customers are safe and have been properly tested in accordance with company procedures.
- Processing all input to IT systems and paperwork relating to on-hires, off-hires and stock transfers, etc.
- Developing and maintaining knowledge of the depots equipment for hire/sale including basic knowledge of accessory, safety and test & run requirements.
- Keep the Depot Manager informed of any repairs and maintenance of equipment required.
- Handling of cash transaction.
- Keeping the depot, and in particular the hire desk area, tidy at all times.
- Maintaining product knowledge.
- Carry out other tasks and duties as required.
- Monday to Friday: 08:00am – 17:00pm.
- Saturday: 08:00am – 12:00pm on a rotational basis.
Employee Benefits Include:
- Competitive salary, based on experience.
- 22 Days plus eight statutory holidays (30 days in total).
- Weekly pay (every Wednesday).
- Additional Holiday after two, three and five years’ service.
- Permanent employment.
- Career progression.
- Ongoing training.
- Full uniform.
- Auto Enrolment Pension Scheme.
- On Site Parking.
- Discounted Personal Legal Services.
- Bike to work scheme.
Training – we are a forward thinking organisation and will provide training and development.
Please complete the form below to apply for the position of Sales Hire Controller – Blackpool Clifton.