Smiths Hire are looking for a self-motivated and professional individual who wants to play an integral role in our fast growing company. You will need to have experience within the powered access hire market.
As a Powered Access Engineer you will be repairing and refurbishing all our powered access equipment and working closely with all our Hire It Centres across the North West. You will also work closely with all our Service Engineers in all Hire It Centres and report directly to the Depot Manager.
The key responsibilities for the Powered Access Engineer are;
- Be able to display knowledge with hydraulic systems, electric motors, diesel engines.
- The ability to fault find.
- Carry out routine services.
- Maintenance of the machines.
- Pre-delivery inspections.
- Keep accurate records of work carried out.
- Carry out major and minor repairs and refurbishments.
- Be able to estimate any damage/repair costs.
- Be able to work at the pace and to the required quality off jobs as allocated to you on a daily basis by the Depot/Manager.
The key attributes of the Powered Access Engineer are;
- CAP certification would be beneficial.
- Be Self-motivated.
- Take pride in work to ensure the machines are kept in a pristine state.
- Excellent IT skills.
- Being calm under pressure.
- Great written and verbal communication skills.
- Good team player.
- Have a full clean UK driving licence.
- Maintain Health and Safety to Company Standards.
Monday – Friday 08:00am till 17:00pm | Rotational Saturdays 08:00am till 12:00pm.
- A maximum of 33 days holidays Including Bank Holidays*.
- Weekly pay.
- FREE tool hire for all employees – Excluding consumables and delivery.
- Life insurance.
- Pension scheme.
- Uniform provided.
- Discounted personal legal services.
- Bike to work scheme.
* Holiday entitlement includes additional holidays after 2, 3 and 5 years’ service.
Please complete the form on the next page to apply for the position of Powered Access Engineer.