Smith’s Equipment Hire Ltd are the Northwest’s Largest Independent Equipment Hire company with 12 ‘Hire It Centres’ located across the region. We supply all types of customers in all types of business, specialising in many types of equipment, including; plant and machinery to the construction and industrial sectors. With over 47 years of experience, our approach to being the best hire company possible has been honed and perfected over time. This has been reflected by winning the HAE Hire Awards of Excellence, voted by our peers as the best Plant, Equipment and Tool Hire Company in the country for 2018. We recognise that in order to be good at what we do, our priority has to be helping you be the best at what you do, so in line with ongoing growth and our long-term strategy, we are looking to hire an Internal Recruiter with the same set of ethics and drive.
You will be based at our Head Office in Blackpool and report directly to the HR Manager and be expected to work to a very high standard and able to source suitable candidates across various roles within our business.
We are looking for the following attributes.
- Positivity – Make the last call of the day sound like your first call.
- Hands-on – a can-do attitude.
- Reliability – Be someone who we can depend upon on to deliver for the senior team.
- Work Together – Be part of a fantastic team and achieve together.
- Motivation – Achieve your potential and help drive the department forward.
- Grow – Develop within your role and grow with our business.
- Inspire – Share your ideas to improve the way we do things.
- Co-ordinator – Able to plan and account for your time.
- Communicator – Demonstrate high quality communication skills.
- Effective use of Headhunting strategies and tactics through to the sourcing relevant candidates.
- Building a personal network of talent through the effective use of LinkedIn and other social media tools.
- Identifying target markets and relevant businesses to source from.
- Working closely with the HR Manager ensuring that the business is identifying and exploring any new and relevant talent attraction methods.
- Drafting and posting advertisements on appropriate job boards and advertising portals.
- Detailed screening of applicant CVs to make a decision to invite into our internal recruitment process.
- Conduct telephone interviews to gain specific evidence of suitability for the role.
- Where necessary, you may have a pro-active involvement in the face to face interview process.
- Providing and receiving timely candidate feedback to ensure enthusiasm and commitment is apparent.
- Maintain understanding of the current vacancies within each specific team/depot.
- Creation and delivery of candidate cover sheets and CVs displaying relevant skills and attributes.
- Scheduling and diary coordination of first and second stage face to face interviews/assessments.
- Ensure correct information and documentation is provided internally and to candidates during the process.
- Recording and analysis of interview / assessments forms.
- Recording and analysis of activity to plan for future strategies.
Managing the Induction Process
- Preparing and issuing of all new starter documentation including employment contract documentation.
- Conduct inductions for new hires on their first day.
- Communicating with internal departments to ensure the seamless induction of new starters.
Essential to the role
- Proven successful track record within a Recruitment environment.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of modern candidate attraction techniques.
- Capable of developing strong relationships at all levels.
- Results Driven.
- Attention to detail.
- Innovative, Ambitious and Collaborative.
- Excellent writing skills, grammar, spelling and punctuation.
- Able to work effectively in Microsoft excel, word and outlook.
- Competitive salary, based on experience.
- 22 Days plus eight statutory holidays (30 days in total).
- Weekly pay (every Wednesday).
- Additional Holiday after two, three and five years’ service.
- Permanent employment.
- Career progression.
- Ongoing training..
- Full uniform.
- Auto Enrollment Pension Scheme.
- On Site Parking.
- Bike to work scheme.
Please complete the form below to apply for the position of Internal Recruiter – Blackpool.