Your responsibilities will be;
- Carry out daily and weekly vehicle checks ensuring any defects found are reported to the Fleet Manager.
- Keep an accurate record of deliveries and collections using delivery documentation.
- Ensure that any equipment on the vehicle is secured and protected where necessary.
- Collect any money due on the delivery / collection as instructed; all monies collected from the customer remains the responsibility of the driver until it is signed for as received by the Line Manager.
- Maintain product knowledge in order to demonstrate to customers where necessary.
- Represent the company and their principles of the business and portray a professional and business like image to all customers, potential customers and other people you meet in the course of your work.
- Carry out other tasks and duties as required.
You will have;
- A Class 2 licence and have experience in driving Class 2 vehicles.
- A valid CPC card.
- A proven track record in customer service.
- Driving experience in a fast paced environment.
- Have an understanding of safe loading and towing process.
- Understanding of the transporting of hazardous goods.
- Manual handling awareness.
Desirable skills for a HGV Driver
- IPAF Trained.
- Fork Lift Truck Licence.
- CSCS Card.
- Product knowledge.
You must be:
- Polite & professional– to deliver excellent customer service.
- Reliable and have a flexible proactive approach.
- Fit and capable – manual loading and unloading and competent to load self-drive machines up ramps.
- Literacy and numeracy skills – need to be able to complete delivery paperwork neatly and accurately.
- Willing to work in a yard preparing goods for dispatch.
- Smart in appearance – you need to take pride in yourself and your vehicle.
- Monday to Friday: 07:00am – 16:30pm.
- Saturday’s will be required as per business demands.
Please complete the form below to apply for the position of HGV Driver – Leeds.