As a HGV Driver your responsibilities will be:
- Carry out daily and weekly vehicle checks ensuring any defects found are reported to the Fleet Manager.
- Keep an accurate record of deliveries and collections using delivery documentation.
- Ensure that any equipment on the vehicle is secured and protected where necessary.
- Collect any money due on the delivery / collection as instructed; all monies collected from the customer remains the responsibility of the driver until it is signed for as received by the Line Manager.
- Maintain product knowledge in order to demonstrate to customers where necessary.
- Represent the company and their principles of the business and portray a professional and businesslike image to all customers, potential customers and other people you meet in the course of your work.
- Carry out other tasks and duties as required.
As a HGV Driver you will have:
- Must hold a Class 2 licence and have experience in driving Class 2 vehicles.
- Must have a valid CPC card.
- A proven track record in customer service.
- Driving experience in a fast paced environment.
- Have an understanding of safe loading and towing process.
- Understanding of the transporting of hazardous goods.
- Manual handling awareness.
Desirable skills for a HGV Driver:
- IPAF Trained.
- Fork Lift Truck Licence.
- CSCS Card.
- Product knowledge.
As a HGV Driver you must be:
- Polite & professional– to deliver excellent customer service.
- Reliable and have a flexible proactive approach.
- Fit and capable – manual loading and unloading and competent to load self-drive machines up ramps.
- Literacy and numeracy skills – need to be able to complete delivery paperwork neatly and accurately.
- Willing to work in a yard preparing goods for dispatch.
- Smart in appearance – you need to take pride in yourself and your vehicle.
- Monday to Friday: 08:00am – 17:00pm.
- Saturday 08:00am – 12:00pm (this would be on a rotational basis).
Employee Benefits Include:
- Competitive salary, based on experience.
- 22 Days plus eight statutory holidays (30 days in total).
- Weekly pay (every Wednesday).
- Additional Holiday after two, three and five years’ service.
- Permanent employment.
- Career progression.
- Ongoing training.
- Full uniform.
- Auto Enrolment Pension Scheme.
- On Site Parking.
- Discounted Personal Legal Services.
- Bike to work scheme.
Training – we are a forward thinking organisation and will provide training and development.
Please complete the form below to apply for the position of HGV Class 2 Driver – Manchester.