We are currently looking for a Workshop Engineer/Driver with the flexibility of skills to cover all of our Fylde depots.
As an Workshop Engineer/Driver your responsibilities will be:
- Covering in any of the Fylde Depots where required
- To carry out deliveries and collections to our customers in a professional manner driving the 3.5T Vehicle.
- Demonstrate exceptional customer service skills in all aspects of the working day.
- When you driving you must carry out daily and weekly vehicle checks ensuring any defects found are reported to the Fleet Manager.
- Keep an accurate record of deliveries and collections using delivery documentation.
- Ensure that any equipment on the vehicle is secured and protected where necessary.
- Ability to prepare equipment to “ready for hire status” whilst adhering to our company guidelines, ensuring the delivery of a high quality product.
- Ability to identify equipment that needs to be put in to repair status, have an eye for detail when diagnosing on spec.
- Possess a basic knowledge of petrol and diesel engines and electrical equipment.
- Knowledge of ordering spares stock as required for basic repairs, and consumable stock through a PC driven system.
This is a fast-paced, hands-on role which will require someone who can work swiftly, efficiently and accurately, whilst adhering to set business standards.
Naturally you will be organized, methodical, and tidy in your approach to work. You will have good communication skills, be computer literate and be in possession of a full clean driving license.
This is a full time position covering Monday to Friday: 08:00am – 17:00pm plus Saturday: 08:00am to 12:00pm on a rotational basis.
Company Benefits include:
- Salary: Depending on experience.
- 25 Days plus statutory holidays (33 days in total).
- An extra 2 days holiday after 5 year’s service.
- Weekly pay.
- Saturday hours paid at time and a half.
- FREE tool hire for all employees – Excluding consumables and delivery.
- Life insurance is provided at three times your annual salary.
- Pension scheme.
- Full uniform provided
- Discounted personal legal services.
Please complete the form on the next page to apply for the position of Workshop Engineer/Driver.