An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Transport Planner to join a family run plant and tool hire company in the North West Region. The purpose of this role is to co-ordinate the transport operations of our Preston depot in order to achieve business objectives and customer needs. To manage conflicting priorities in a fast paced environment and a passion to deliver and maintain high standards of service.
- In this role you will cost effectively plan and dispatch routes to achieve delivery times maximising available resources.
- Have direct supervision of three to four HGV drivers.
- To provide information to both internal and external customers.
- To check that all traffic planning activity is undertaken in line with legislative requirements.
- To assist with customer enquires both over the phone and in person.
- To support the management team to identify and focus on improvement opportunities.
- Achieve KPIs as set by the business.
- Participate in your own personnel development plan.
- Ensuring stock is sourced and available for customers on a daily basis.
- A good geographical knowledge of the North West.
- Understanding of Health & Safety requirements.
- Financial understanding is highly desirable.
- Must have previous experience of working within a transport/logistics environment.
- Excellent I.T and admin skills.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
If you feel you possess these qualities and want to work for an established, expanding business who reciprocate the effort their employees put in – then contact us immediately.
This is a very challenging role but for the right candidate – this is also very rewarding.
- Monday to Friday: 08:00am – 17:00pm
- Saturday: 08:00am to 12:00pm
Please complete the form below to apply for the position of Transport Coordinator – Manchester.