JCB Telehandler 540-170 (17M)
Designed and developed using our Efficient Design philosophy, the JCB Telehandler 540-170 is a full-sized 4-stage telescopic handler with a huge reach. It uses our award-winning new EcoMAX engine and sits on a chassis that’s designed for load-bearing and stability.
The 540-170’s all-new EcoMAX engine meets Stage IIIB/Tier 4i legislation without using a bulky DPF, which, in turn, brings benefits like great visibility, low running costs and more uptime. To increase productivity still further, there’s a variable-speed cooling fan on 81kW and 93 kW engines.
For quick, easy and safe access, the JCB 540-170 has a three-point access. Backlit switches are clearly visible, even at night or in low visibility.
- Brand new Stage IIIB/Tier 4i EcoMAX engine
- High power and torque at low revs
- Up to 10% fuel saving over outgoing model
- New instruments, hi-res TFT screen and backlit switches
- New seat safety switch disables forward/reverse when operator isn’t seated
- New telematics and immobiliser security features including remote management
- For extra safety, a reverse alarm is standard-fit too.
- Maximum Engine Power81kW
- Maximum Lift Capacity4000kg
- Maximum Lift Height16.7m
More about Smiths Hire
New Product Demo Day - The Free Event kicked off to a positive start with bacon butties...
Opening a business credit account with Smiths Hire couldn't be easier, simply click here and fill in our digital application form.
Optimise your hire
Optimise your hire spend with Spot! Let Smiths Hire prove to you that we can achieve measurable savings and improve logistics. To find out more call 0333 323 2100.