As a Plant Fitter you must:
- Have experience with repairing, servicing and maintaining equipment.
- Have the ability to work under pressure and on own initiative.
- Be reliable and have a flexible proactive approach.
- Have good literacy, numeracy and computer skills.
- Have the ability to diagnose faults on construction equipment and associated tool hire equipment.
- Experience with diesel engines (training on petrol engines will be considered for the successful candidate).
- Full clean driving licence.
- Good diagnostic skills.
- Good customer service skills.
The main Responsibilities of a Plant Fitter are:
- Repairing, servicing and maintaining equipment in the workshop.
- Demonstrate exceptional customer service skills in all aspects of the working day.
- A Plant Fitter must be able to diagnose faults on a variety of equipment.
- Maintain product knowledge.
- Carry out other tasks and duties as required.
- Be able to liaise with people at all levels.
- Maintain Health and Safety to Company Standards.
- Monday to Friday: 08:00am – 17:00pm.
- Saturday: 08:00am to 12:00pm on a rotational basis.
The Plant Fitter salary is between £23k – £25k.
Training – we are a forward thinking organisation and will provide training and development.
Please note: As you can appreciate we are currently overwhelmed with applications of individuals looking for work and we can therefore only contact those applications that have relevant skills. Smiths Equipment Hire is an equal opportunities employer and complies with all relevant UK legislation. If you are successful in your application, you will be required to attend an interview which will involve you providing a current passport, current driving licence, a proof of address and completing a full competency based interview.
Please complete the form below to apply for the position of Plant Fitter – Manchester.