As a HGV Driver your responsibilities will be;
- Carry out daily and weekly vehicle checks ensuring any defects found are reported to the Fleet Manager
- Keep an accurate record of deliveries and collections using delivery documentation
- Ensure that any equipment on the vehicle is secured and protected where necessary
- Collect any money due on the delivery / collection as instructed; all monies collected from the customer remains the responsibility of the driver until it is signed for as received by the Line Manager
- Maintain product knowledge in order to demonstrate to customers where necessary
- Represent the company and their principles of the business and portray a professional and businesslike image to all customers, potential customers and other people you meet in the course of your work.
- Carry out other tasks and duties as required
As a HGV Driver you will have;
- Must hold a Class 2 licence and have experience in driving Class 2 vehicles
- Must have a valid CPC card
- A proven track record in customer service
- Driving experience in a fast paced environment
- Have an understanding of safe loading and towing process
- Understanding of the transporting of hazardous goods
- Manual handling awareness
Desirable skills for a HGV Driver
- IPAF Trained
- Fork Lift Truck Licence
- CSCS Card
- Product knowledge
As a HGV Driver you must be:
- Polite & professional– to deliver excellent customer service.
- Reliable and have a flexible proactive approach.
- Fit and capable – manual loading and unloading and competent to load self-drive machines up ramps.
- Literacy and numeracy skills – need to be able to complete delivery paperwork neatly and accurately.
- Willing to work in a yard preparing goods for dispatch.
- Smart in appearance – you need to take pride in yourself and your vehicle.
- Monday to Friday: 08:00am – 17:00pm
- Saturday: 08:00am to 12:00pm on a rotational basis
Training – we are a forward thinking organisation and will provide training and development.
Please note: As you can appreciate we are currently overwhelmed with applications of individuals looking for work and we can therefore only contact those applications that have relevant skills. Smiths Equipment Hire is an equal opportunities employer and complies with all relevant UK legislation. If you are successful in your application, you will be required to attend an interview which will involve you providing a current passport, current driving licence, a proof of address and completing a full competency based interview.
Please complete the form below to apply for the position of HGV Driver – Blackburn.